Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Snow and Sadness


Yesterday and again today we are getting snowfall. I love to look outside and watch it, but really I'm ready to move forward with Spring. These pictures are for our family in Arizona, yes it's February 10th.

Yesterday, the garage felt so cold and so I brought in Chase's basketball shoes for his game. I love watching my kids play basketball. Chase really loves this time of year too. During the first few minutes of the game, Chase was fouled and fell to the court, he hurt his knee pretty good. At half time, he tried to get up and walk on it. He couldn't...without a lot of pain and tears.

My heart is so sad today for him. The season is over for him and it was only game four. It's 1:00 now, I haven't been able to eat today, I'm so upset for him. We are waiting for tomorrow to hear more from the orthopedic surgeon. For now he has a temporary cast and crutches. I know he will heal eventually. But in this moment I have a hard time feeling optimistic.

My little guy is so talented. I know it sounds like bragging, but Brian and I are so proud of him. We'll hope for the best in his recovery.

4 comments:

  1. Bummer! Of all the kids to get hurt - I know how much Chase loves basketball. I hope he heals quickly. It was fun seeing you coach last night, Monica. You did a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry that Chase got hurt. I'll keep him in my prayers for no surgery and fast healing. (It's ok to bragg about how proud you are of your kids!) :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So Sorry, Chase!! We love you and wish we could be there for you:(

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've played basketball with Chase and I can personally attest to the fact that he IS talented! That's so sad about his injury! Kids heal so quickly though, I'll bet he's up and around again soon. Sure hope so!

    ReplyDelete