Wednesday, May 6, 2009

A Tribute to Mom...

I went to youth group with Chase tonight. All of the boys' mother's were invited, but I didn't really know what was going on. I even didn't get the dinner part, so I had already fed the family. Every year the Young Men make a dinner for their Mom's the activity day before Mother's Day. This is a tradition that I now know about.

It was very sweet! There was music playing, decorations, "Tribute to Mom" written on the chalk board and a yummy dinner planned. We had salad, rolls, lasagna and ice cream for dessert. I will look forward to this tradition for the next six years.

There was quotes on Mother's given and conversation about what we admired most about our own mother's. Then each of the boys had written a letter for us. They read it in front of the group. We were all supposed to guess which boy wrote it. I anxiously waited for Chase's to be read and knew that I would recogize his words to me quickly. I knew it was his letter when I heard shepard's pie mentioned. This is his favorite food that I make. I loved my letter from my boy and I actually couldn't focus to hear any of the other read after my letter.

This is what he wrote for me:

Dear Mom,
I have enjoyed being your son for the last 12 years. These are a few reasons. You have always been someone I can talk to, you always listen and don't judge me. You will drive me anywhere, buy me stuff, such as video games. I love to smell the sweet smell of your famous shepard's pie.
You are the most loving, caring, gentle, awesome, beautiful! Mom ever and I love you for that. When I grow old and sometimes forget the good times we had when I was young and I hope that it never goes away.

Very Much LOVE,
Chase

No comments:

Post a Comment