Sunday, December 6, 2009

Our boy turns into a teenager...


It was on December 4 1996 that our first born son arrived at 8 pounds, 4 ounces. He came one week early. Brian and I were at a U of A basketball game the night before his birth. I remember parking too far away from Mckale center in my condition. The walk back seemed like five miles...this might have been what sent me into labor in the middle of the night.

We were the proud parents of our little guy, Chase Evan. He was so tiny and he was all ours. I have thought about that day a lot over the last week as I anticipated Chase's 13th birthday. The years have gone by too quickly, I have enjoyed every minute of all of them. I appreciate Chase for so many of his ways and gifts.

He is first and formost very loving to his friends and family. He has that ability to read people too well, just like his Dad. I can always count on Chase to tell me a story from something that happened at school and no one else can get a word in
otherwise. He is a great example to younger boys and loves to play and spend time with them. (Like the brother that he never had) He's close with his sisters and of course teases them from time to time. He is a great student and loves going to school. He must blow dry his 'beautiful' hair every morning. He texts like crazy fingers to make the time pass. He loves steak and gives me the biggest hug for his favorite dinner, Shepard's pie. He will stick up for what he believes is right. He looks up the temperature for the upcoming day and plans his outfits accordingly. He loves his XBox when he has a friend over to play with him or Dad of course. He wears his pajama bottoms inside out in the winter, hoping for snowfall that night. He likes to have fun and still amuses his sisters as the Dad and plays house. He is drawn to babies and will find one and ask to hold him/her when he can. He has ambitions to go to college and serve a mission. He is of course stinkin adorable, I can say that right. He says amazing prayers and is so thankful. He still tries to beat me in a good match of arm wrestling...it will be here soon. He loves playing sports, right now it's for his J.H. basketball team. I am thankful for the opportunity and priveledge that Heavenly Father has blessed us with to raise a son. It brings me such joy.

Happy Birthday to our now teenager. Your Mom and Dad love you soooo much. You have made us so proud of you.

2 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday to Chase!!! I can't believe how old he is!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. He really is everything you said he is, what a GREAT kid! Happy Birthday Chase!

    ReplyDelete