Monday, January 19, 2009

"Yo no soy Marinero, soy Capitan"



I remembered tonight why I had this sign made for Brian for Christmas. It's part of the lyrics from the song "La Bamba" and about the only Spanish that Brian knows besides "Me llamo es Bruno." Over the years, if you hang around Brian long enough, you have heard it a thousand times. "Yo no soy Marinero, soy Capitan." I got a call tonight from my friend Stephanie. She said she got a funny call from some guy speaking a little Spanish and not making much sense to her. As he continued on and on...she proceeded to say, ok I know it's you Brian, ha ha ha, kiss my butt buddy, I'm no dummy. Then the guy says, "No, no Senorita I'm sorry. This is Sergio, I'm the waiter at Azteca. Someone left a cell phone here."...I went back to the restaurant to pick up my phone and had some laughs with the staff. Sergio happens to be my very favorite waiter for years now, he already knows Brian's funny character and got a kick out of the whole thing. Then, he understood why Stephanie was saying those things to him. Just a heads up for Stephanie, Brian will probably try the Spanish phone call on you soon. So,look out Senorita. That was one to remember!

2 comments:

  1. That is so funny! So it wasn't Brian on the phone at all? I LOVE the sign and I love you guys! I'm glad we were FINALLY able to get all of us together. We had a splendid time and are definitely be game for more. xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is hilarious! We've all been victims of Brian's random Spanish phone calls. I had to explain to Terri Larson the other day why exactly she was making a sign in Spanish for Brian.

    ReplyDelete